Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Step Thirty: Freshly laundered {origami} money!

Dearest Sylwi,

Only a quick post today, as I've just got back from a few days away in London and have a pile of things to do.

It was my husband's birthday this weekend, so I took him to London clothes shopping. I was fairly reluctant to come back, I could have stayed in the City for much longer! I found so many cool new places to shop, eat and drink... yet, I still had a list of about 2 pages long that I didn't get around to visiting. I can't wait to go back again!

I squeezed in many old favourites, like Liberty's (where I could quite happily buy one of everything!) and found new favourites, like the exquisite oasis that is Postcard Teas and the fabulous Saf.

After two solid days of walking the streets and shopping (my husband struggled to find clothes that he liked), I have menswear indelibly stamped on my brain. :-) I think next time, I'll just give him the money for the clothes in a birthday card and tell him to go on his own! hee hee! (not really, but it is tempting!) ;-)

It set me to thinking how I could add money to a card creatively (if it was a present for a nephew or niece, for example), rather than just slipping the money inside... and this is what I came up with.


The shirt is folded using this shirt origami technique using a one dollar bill. If I was giving this as a birthday present, I'd obviously fold something a little larger than a dollar! heh heh! I'm not that miserly! ;-)

I added the coat hanger (twisted from bead wire) and stuck the washing line (made from fishing line) onto the inside of the card. The card is one of those 3 panel ones, with an oval shape cut out of the centre panel. 

I guess, you could alternatively make a cute, little origami dress, if it was for a girl. :-)

Hope you had a fantastic weekend. Looking forward to catching up soon.

Lots of love
Fi
xx

1 comment: