Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Step Twenty Nine: Fimo Love

Dearest Sylwi,


This is just going to be a quick post as it's been such a busy few days and I've still so much to get done today! I've also got the inlaws staying, so every moment seems to be filled. Doesn't leave much time for creativity (or sleeping, for that matter)! :-) 


Today, I grabbed minutes here and there to play around with Fimo. I've never really used any kind of modelling clay, so I was interested to see how I found it. 


I began by making something easy - a flower.  To make the petals, I rolled a lovely, turquoise colour into a tube, then cut it into 5 equal sections. I rolled each piece into a ball...



I used one ball of yellow for the centre of the flower...


Then, squished all of the balls together to make a flower! :-)



Using a pin, or knife, you can then add detail to the petals and centre.


This colour of the flower reminded me of tattoos that I've seen - usually a red heart tattoo with a scroll across the centre and a little blossom on top. The inlaws staying with us always makes me miss my own Mum, so, I decided to create a tattoo in her honour! :-) 


I made a heart from red Fimo, draped a white scroll over it and pushed it down to make it stick. I cut out some text from black and pushed them onto the scroll. I then cooked everything in the oven, according to the packet instructions (I had to glue the flower on later as it would not stick to the heart before it was cooked). 


When it was all finished, I took it out of the oven and I lifted it off the tray to admire it.


And promptly dropped it! 

So, that's why the scroll is snapped. *sigh!* ha ha ha! :-)))




The original idea was to make a little bobby pin with it, so I went ahead and did that anyway, despite it being broken.




It was a cute project and I wish I had more time to go back and redo it. 

Next time, I'd make the scroll a little thicker and also find some way of hiding my fingerprints - they are all over the heart and flower! :-) I read somewhere that you can polish them off with a fine grade sandpaper... I'd also try doing the text a bit differently... not quite sure how, but cutting it out of black Fimo was extreeemely tricky and not very neat! :-) All of that will have to wait for another day though... 

I'm off to get dinner on the go. Can't wait to hear from you and see what you've got! Hurry up and post! ;-) 

Step 29 already! Can you believe it?!

Lots of love
Fi
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment