Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Step Thirty Six: Zentangle Mania

Dearest Sylwi,

Hellooooooooo! :-) It was so lovely to come back and see your posts! I love them (particularly your anniversary one! Happy Anniversary!) and I love the idea of Zentangle.

I'm sitting here today with an absolutely stinking cold... I've just said goodbye to one set of guests and another lot arrived today, so my head is in a spin. I couldn't think of one thing to do for today's post as my head almost feels liquid, I'm so full of the cold... so I decided to copy you! :-)


Inspired by your zentangle post, I tried some of my own. I'm not sure I've entirely got the hang of the technique, as there was nothing much zen about my experience! :-)

I cut out a square of paper, drew a few squiggles on it and then began to doodle around them. The more I doodled, the more stressed I got that I didn't like the outcome... I know, I know, it's supposed to be meditative and calming, but for some reason, I had preconceived ideas about how mine 'should' look.

By the end of the first one, I wondered if my efforts were rubbish and by the end of the second square that I tried, I was convinced they were! ;-))))

So, against (probably) all Zentangle rules, I took a pair of scissors and chopped each square into two halves... and then I started to like them more! :-)


In fact, I started to enjoy myself so much, that I found myself putting off jobs that needed done (the guests will have to help me make the beds later!) :-) so that I could create more squares to chop in half! :-)


... and I still couldn't get enough of Zentangles. I was getting quite addicted. Here, I drew a hot air balloon... and then doodled all around it.


... and then, my guests arrived early :-( so I had to put down my pen reluctantly and stop acting like a crazy person!

I wish I could hang around our blog more today and chat with you - I'm desperate to hear your stories - about your practicum, about your Flickrgetogether, about life in general... but I have to go.

I'm away for a couple of days tomorrow and there's so much to get done first... but all I want to do is go to bed and sleep off this cold! :-)

Hopefully, there will be more time next week to concentrate on my 37th step. Gosh, are there really only 15 left?! :-(

Can't wait to see what your step will be this week. Hope you're ok. Will be in touch as soon as I get back.

Lots and lots and lots of love (I Misssssed You!)
Fi
xx

1 comment:

  1. that is strange? I thought I left comment here? maybe I commented in one of my e-mails, tell me I did! ha, ha

    You already know that I love it, yes?!

    :*
    s.

    ReplyDelete